Thursday, November 17, 2011

Assignment #11- Analyzing and Writing Arguments

       For my third paper I analyzed the article “Should the Obama Generation Drop Out?” In this article the author used harsh, insulting and judgmental tone to get attention of the readers. However his tone with the interest attracts to read the article. At the same time he makes interesting points about the role of a bachelor’s degree with applying for a job. Also I understood from this article that in writing an argument you have to have very strong words and made very strong argumentative sentences to make an argument. The writer supports his argument by showing the statistics. To write my own argument, this article taught me to have a topic that will be interesting, and about a common issue in our every daily life, to grab reader’s attention. Moreover chosen a tone is also one of the most important things in your paper, so for my argument I will use soft and strong tone. In my paper I will try to give more of convincing evidence, use examples and include some statistics, to make my argument strong and support it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment